Map Monday: How powerful is your SA passport?

edited February 6 in Site discussion

imageMap Monday: How powerful is your SA passport?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Of course there are also conditions for the 'Visa-Free' destinations. Usually it is for a limited amount of time (21 days to 90 days) and only through selected ports of entry. Some are only for Tourists and requires a Visa if you do a business trip. You also need to have a return ticket already booked and if you come from (or go through) a high risk area you will need to have proof of Vaccination against Yellow Fever, Hepatitus, Menigitis or whatever the country of destination requires. Allot of people don't check the maximum stay period and end up paying penalties. It happened to me once (I overstayed two months), but the security were kind enough to let me go home with just a warning "remember next time when you come to check the rules.". If they want to be difficult they can also ask you for proof of sufficient funds and your destination where you gonna stay.

• The reality is that traveling on a SA passport is not ideal. It is expensive, restrictive and very often inconvenient. Arton Capital is a company that empowers its clients by providing them access to second residencies and/or citizenship's allowing them not only to travel more freely but also seek work and other opportunities for them and their children elsewhere. South Africans are becoming more and more interested in looking at citizenship options in places like Europe and the Caribbean. Arton has an office in Cape Town that specializes in second citizenship's for South Africans.

• That's great, I didn't knew about this much country. If I can get two passport, I would feel more powerful B) (Joke)

• I think SA passport is quite powerful. You can entry 97 countries without Visa. But you are allowed to stay for limited period of time.

• @Allandonald said:
    I think SA passport is quite powerful. You can entry 97 countries without Visa. But you are allowed to stay for limited period of time.

I agree with you. Very few countries have that much access to counties without Visa.

• It's really a strange country. Most of the time, we imagine black people whenever we heard the word "Africa". But South Africa has both white and black people almost equally. I don't think any other country in Africa got something like this.