Trump Bans citizens of 7 countries

Trump banned citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the US for at least the next 90 days.
The executive order bars all people hailing from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen.
What do you think about it?

Comments

• Speaking personally, I'm one of those people who is convinced Trump will be impeached and possibly jailed by the end of the year. So while this decision is utterly bonkers, it wasn't unexpected. And I'm kind of glad - in a way - that he's pushing his agenda so quickly. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I think the faster he tables these crazy executive orders, the faster a) people who supported him thinking he didn't mean what he said will realise their mistake and b) people who supported him thinking walls and bans on Muslims were a good thing will see the reality is they can't work.

I feel incredibly sorry for the runner Mo Farah, for example, being stressed about not being able to get back to his family in the US. But it's our job now to make sure all those stories come out and try to change the direction the US is taking, before the madness tanks the US economy, takes those dependent on it with it and weakens the broad ideological coalition we call The West which values freedom above all else for the next half a century.

I kind of hold out hope that by trying to divide us, Trump et al will ultimately help us to reaffirm faith in the values of democracy that are important. But then, I am an idealist.

Just my two pennorth.

• Well, I think Trump started to act like Donald Trump again. He started to become his own mouth. Trying to defeat himself as the worst president of the history and I'm pretty sure he would do it several times.