How to renew your vehicle licence online in Cape Town - htxt.africa

edited February 2016 in Site discussion

imageHow to renew your vehicle licence online in Cape Town - htxt.africa

Skip queues, renew your vehicle licence online.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Where is the step where you actually have your licence? Is it posted or picked up?
  • It arrives by mail - sorry, it is mentioned in the article but right at the end and easy to miss!
  • The service is easy to use; I used it about a month ago. But it takes a while; each time I needed to submit docs or get reference numbers was a wait time of about 2 days. And the license took about 3 weeks to arrive after payment.
  • I requested my renewal in 11 January. I got my first response on the 22nd of January with additional documents they required, which I supplied same day.... it is now more than a month later and I still have not gotten any response from them. And I would not be surprised if they stick me with a late penalty because of their incompetence. Way to drop the ball CoCT
  • I requested my renewal in 11 January. I got my first response on the 22nd of January with additional documents they required, which I supplied same day.... it is now more than a month later and I still have not gotten any response from them. And I would not be surprised if they stick me with a late penalty because of their incompetence. Way to drop the ball CoCT
    Have you tried calling them directly about the issue?
  • I requested renewal on the 5th of January 2017. After back and fourth correspondence and waiting days for replies, I still have not received bank details to make payment. As for this comment "Have you tried calling them directly about the issue?" what's the point of doing an online application when you still have to call?!

• It's a good opportunity to get things done online so that we don't have to go the place by ourselves. But the problem is, vehicle license is a necessary document that we need regularly. But this online service do not response in time. These times are really valuable to us.

• This process used to work well, and I re-licensed many vehicles. But now it has collapsed. Up to Step 10 above, no problem, but then you never hear back from the City. It just shows as "in process" on the website. No-one responds to email enquiries (I have made a few). There is no phone number, so you can't call and enquire.

I suppose it's back to the ox-wagon in Cape Town. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Lift your game, Cape Town!

• edited February 13

I have renewed my licenses online for the past couple of years, no real issues besides delays in communication from the City. This year, however, there is a new requirement that you have to submit your proof of address with every renewal, which they have implemented without the necessary structures/staff being in place to streamline - what's new. So this has definitely slowed the entire system down DRAMATICALLY. The queues at the licensing departments are crazy and the online process has slowed to a snails pace. oh the joys

• Hi Guys.

I wouldn't advice you to pay the motor vehicle license registration online.

That will be a wastage of your valuable time and you will be delayed until the penalty charges apply.

They are NOT well organized, you have have to call them at least every day and each time you speak to a different person and he/she will demand a re-send of the same documents you already sent or she will ask you to send another new document.

They wont get back to you until you call them, and their phone line is busy as hell.