What you should know before shopping at za.mobilefun.com

edited November 2015 in Deals
What you should know before shopping at za.mobilefun.com

1. Check their delivery costs:
The website states: “ Super Saver Mail Service R 57.56 “
My invoice states: R73.02

2. Check their delivery time:
The website states: “A low cost, reliable mail service. This is an untracked service and is usually delivered in 8-10 business days.”

Half of my order arrived after 17 business days (not including weekends). The other “in stock” item ordered is listed on my invoice as “out-of-stock” and was supposedly sent 10 Business days later, still awaiting delivery.

3. Payment by Card.
I was super shocked and worried when I realized I just paid with my Credit Card on a site without any Secure-Check or dual authentication of any kind. Yes, I am at fault, I should have made sure beforehand.

4. Prices in South African Rand:
How convenient. Shopping in local currency,unfortunally no local branch! After the shock of paying Custom Duties on collection(C.O.D)(Yes, it is R48.80 on an order of a small R187.00!) I enquired, and the reply was:”

We are sorry for the missunderstanding but in our TA it is cleary shown that we are a UK based company. Sometimes items can be stops.

http://za.mobilefun.com/terms
 “
I read through the Terms again and cannot find: “are a UK based company.” it is “clearly” not there.

5. Now you know, shop wisely!
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }a:link { }